(905) 522-2324 or (877) 611-0669
Connecting Patients to care, wherever they are, whenever they need it.
- Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Please call during business hours if you would like to speak with a member from your health care team.
Once Enrolled in Program You Can Access Your Care Team:
- 7 Days a week, 24 hours/day
- If you have any questions or a change in your general health status,
- Call at any time to speak with the on-call nurse.
Overview of Program
COVID Care @ Home is a new model of care that connects patients to care wherever they are, whenever they need it. This innovative, flexible model will provide you with access to services that may not typically be within the scope of traditional home and community care supports. You will receive care in the following ways:
- Access to your integrated team 24/7 through the 1-800 number
- Virtual Care (phone, video and remote patient monitoring if available in your region)
- If required, in home care supported by One clinical team with access to your information through one electronic record
- System navigation / connection to social supports if needed through our Community Connector
- Access to specialists
When you are enrolled in the COVID Care @Home program, you will be contacted by the Community Clinical Coordinator within 24 hrs. This individual will connect with you by phone and complete a brief assessment. You will be followed by a Community Clinical Coordinator for the length needed to recover from COVID. Your COVID Care @ Home team will support you for 14 to 60 days depending on your situation. If you require Home Care, your home care services will be provided in partnership with St. Joseph’s Home Care Hamilton, and will continue to be coordinated through your Community Clinical Coordinator. Your care team will use technology to communicate between team members by video conference, electronic medical record, tablets, computers and/or mobile devices such as an iPhone. Your Primary Care Physician will receive confirmation of your enrollment and will be contacted if there are any changes in your health.
If Home Care Support is Needed
Your COVID Care @ Home Community Clinical Coordinator will connect with you the first few days of enrollment and ensure you have been provided with the proper supports. They will also:
- Connect with you regularly
- Work closely with all members of your health care team
- Manage your Home Care Services.
- Connect with your Family Doctor or Specialist as needed.
- Identify services that may be needed for support at home.
- Support Direct connectivity with the SJHC community connector for supports needed during your self-isolation and beyond.
What are my Rights?
As a COVID Care @ Home patient, you, your family and your caregiver(s) have right to:
- Receive care in a courteous and respectful manner and be free from mental, physical and financial abuse
- Receive care in a manner that respects your privacy and independence
- Receive professional care regardless of your ethnic, spiritual, language, lifestyle and cultural preferences
- Actively participate in care planning/assessments and determine your services requirements including any revision of your care plan
- Receive a clear explanation of the services your will receive and who will provide them
- Give or refuse consent to treatment of any service
- Express concerns about your service and decisions affecting your care without fear of retribution
- Be informed in writing how to initiate a concern regarding a service provider
What are my Responsibilities?
As a COVID Care @ Home patient, you, your family and your caregiver(s) have the responsibilities to:
- Treat your COVID Care @ Home team members with courtesy and respect, free from discrimination or harassment
- Help develop your care plan
- Be available to receive services at the agreed-upon time or inform the COVID Care @Home team member if you will not be available
- Provide a safe working environment for the team by:
- Wearing a mask if possible
- Securing pets during visits
- Not smoking during visits
- Your entrance is clear and available for team members to put on and take off PPE
- Making sure that walkways to your home are will lit and clear of ice and snow or other hazards
St. Joseph’s Home Care is committed to listening to patients and learning from your experiences. We therefore believe that your feedback, whether it is a compliment or complaint, is an opportunity for us to learn and to improve the quality of the care that we provide to our patients.
If you have any compliments, comments, and/or concerns please do not hesitate to speak with a member of the health care team involved in your care, or the manager. You may also contact St. Joseph’s Home Care by phone, in writing through mail or email or in person. If you call, be prepared to leave a message and someone will call you back.
Compliments, Complaints or Questions:
St. Joseph’s Home Care
1550 Upper James Street, Suite 201
Hamilton, Ontario L9B 2L6
Toll-Free Phone: 1-800-463-6612
Protecting your Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. All health information collected for the COVID Care @ Home program will be stored in an electronic medical record. Access to your COVID Care @ Home electronic medical record will be restricted to only those individuals responsible for providing your care throughout your participation in COVID Care @ Home Program.
From time to time, members of your care team may need to communicate quickly with each other regarding your condition or your care needs. Your care team will take steps to make sure that your identifying health information is not exposed when they are using less secure methods of communication such as email or secure messaging.
Your personal health information will only be used for the purpose of providing you care and managing the successful delivery of the COVID Care @ Home program. We will obtain your consent prior to using or disclosing your personal health information for any other purpose, such as research.
You may request a copy of your personal health information. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the handling of your personal health information at any time, speak to your Community Clinical Coordinator, a member of the team involved in your care, or contact 905-522-2324 or 1-877-611-0669.