COVID Care @ Home Referral Fax Number: (289) 408-9915
The Integrated Comprehensive Care (ICC) Program has been successfully operating within St. Joseph’s Health System (SJHS) and Niagara Health (NH) since 2012 for Thoracic, Cardiovascular, Hip and Knee replacement surgery as well as patients with a Chronic disease (COPD and CHF). This innovative model provides seamless patient centered care by fully integrating the Hospital and Homecare Teams, providing the patient and caregiver with one point of contact, and enabling both Hospital and Homecare staff to access a single integrated digital health record.
Download the Primary Care COVID Care @ Home Referral fillable form here.
Support for Primary Care COVID Patients 18 Years of age or Older
The COVID Care @ Home Program has been developed to compliment and integrate with existing COVID supports in your Region including Public Health and we are now accepting referrals from Primary Care. A Community Clinical Coordinator at St. Joseph’s Home Care will receive your referrals and complete program intake for your COVID+ patients meeting program eligibility requirements; COVID + and 18 Years or older.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THE COVID PATIENT AND YOUR PRACTICE?
Coordination and Care Plan
- Ability to individualize patient care pathways and resources as needed
- Once intake and referral are completed, a dedicated Community Clinical Coordinator responsive to the needs of patients and caregivers from point of discharge will follow your patient for the duration of their COVID Journey (up to 60 days from enrollment)
- Patient will have access to the COVID Care @ Home ICC Team 24/7 via a 1-800 number
- All patients receive contact with a member of the COVID Care @ Home ICC team within 24 hours of referral
Primary Care Physician
- You will receive faxed confirmation of your patient’s enrollment
- You will be notified by fax or phone if your patients condition changes while on program resulting to changes in original care plan
Communication and Technology
- Your patient will have virtual connectivity with team and the inclusion of video visits where appropriate
If you require additional information about the program, please contact our general inquiry mailbox at COVIDCareAtHome@stjhc.ca (DO NOT SEND PATIENT INFORMATION)
Integrated Comprehensive Care – One Team, One Record, One Number to Call 24/7